Chalazion popped?!
Hi, first post here, just looking for my options before I even consider surgery..

I have a chalazion (Never in my life have I ever had one) on the top of my eyelid for about a month, yesterday it popped on its own basically. Before that happened, I did do the warm compresses but I think it mainly just made the eyelid skin thing and it popped. Now it's all scabby.

I bought some over the counter antibiotic ointment at the pharmacy and put some on my eyelid today. Am I doing the right thing?? For the most part, the chalazion is drained from what I can tell. Right now it's just scabby and a bit red. Doesn't give me much discomfort, maybe a little sting but other than that, there's just a scab now.
Here's a pic of what it looks like now http://i.imgur.com/Hq913.jpg

Will that go away and heal on its own?? or should I go and see a dermatologist? I am terrified from the surgery videos I've seen online.
Help! :(