Changing mark/mole

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Changing mark/mole

8425247?1350411233
Have had this blemish/mark/mole for a while. I'd say not less than 6 months. Last month it started to change. I have pictures and will post film strip. Should I be concerned or is this a normal thing? My father passed away of Melanoma skin cancer at the age of 64. He was a signalman in the Navy. Thanks in advanced.
Although less likely to be a melanoma but since you have a family history and now the mark has changed shape, you should get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
If you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.