Chronic Hives

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Chronic Hives

How often do you break out in hives ?

This discussion is related to chronic hives.
0%
 (0) 
Every 1-2 days.
100%
 (1) 
Every 3-4 days.
0%
 (0) 
Every 5-6 days.
0%
 (0) 
Every 6+ days.
1 Member voted
You can break out in hives many times during a day. They are of two types: acute and chronic (when hives persist for more than 6 weeks). Acute hives can start and persist many times during a day but chronic hives are there when hives are present for more than 6 weeks.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have hives for the past 6 weeks been to doctors two many times to count everything that i have tryed has not worked went on a week of holidays all the hives went a way. Started back to work on Tues Oct 12 and i am covered in hives again even have a few that look like blood blesters also have moved to my face any suggestions
Is it possible for chronic hives to be related to a bad gallbladder? I have been having hives every day for 2 months now and they itch horribly! Antihistamines help somewhat, but the only thing that truly stopped them was Prednisone, Zantac and Benadryl combined. Within the same week that I started developing hives, I began to have gallbladder type pains and several symptoms of gallbladder attacks. Tests were done to conclude that my gallbladder is only functioning at 9% and I have a consult with a surgeon to discuss removal in a week. Could the hives be due to a blockage in the bile duct? I'm assuming I must have bile salt in mt blood causing me to become itchy.
Dear Doctor,Kaur,I've had this strange hives for over 6 months and I feel like carp,I'm so tired no energy ,even more tired with all this allergies medicine.this rash or hives does not itch what so ever they hurt,I've been getting these jolts almost like mini seizures,I'll just be sitting there and if something in my hands it will go flying,I just feel like my head is gone to explode when I wake up I've been feeling like I got the worse virus ever ,but yesterday no relief,no improvement.I've also put on exstream wieght I'm over 300 l/b s God I just want to feel better and move like I use to please do you have any ideas that I could take to doctors .thank you joanann rash
my hives started back in august, i have no idea, it initially appeared on the back of the knees, now pinprick ones show up.