Chronic Hives

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Chronic Hives

How often do you break out in hives ?

This discussion is related to chronic hives.
0%
 (0) 
Every 1-2 days.
100%
 (1) 
Every 3-4 days.
0%
 (0) 
Every 5-6 days.
0%
 (0) 
Every 6+ days.
1 Member voted
You can break out in hives many times during a day. They are of two types: acute and chronic (when hives persist for more than 6 weeks). Acute hives can start and persist many times during a day but chronic hives are there when hives are present for more than 6 weeks.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have hives for the past 6 weeks been to doctors two many times to count everything that i have tryed has not worked went on a week of holidays all the hives went a way. Started back to work on Tues Oct 12 and i am covered in hives again even have a few that look like blood blesters also have moved to my face any suggestions
Is it possible for chronic hives to be related to a bad gallbladder? I have been having hives every day for 2 months now and they itch horribly! Antihistamines help somewhat, but the only thing that truly stopped them was Prednisone, Zantac and Benadryl combined. Within the same week that I started developing hives, I began to have gallbladder type pains and several symptoms of gallbladder attacks. Tests were done to conclude that my gallbladder is only functioning at 9% and I have a consult with a surgeon to discuss removal in a week. Could the hives be due to a blockage in the bile duct? I'm assuming I must have bile salt in mt blood causing me to become itchy.