Citalopram (celexa) and Hair loss?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Citalopram (celexa) and Hair loss?

Hi all, I was wondering if there is someone that can give me so advice or information, or anything please.

I have been on citaopram since last febuary (2008), I have had a lot of trauma lately, well in the past year. I've had depression from my ex fiance cheating on me(march 2008), my beloved pet died(april 2009), I was in a car accident in april 2009 ( I wasn't hurt, but it was scary), I've had stress due to not being able to attend college last year from the depression and I've had money worries.

Anyway I felt for ages that citalopram was making my anxieties worse (I had terrible attacks) but my doctor said it wouldnt and should help with that.

Anyway in May I noticed a little patch of hair that looked very sparse, so went straight to the doctor and had blood tests, they all came back clear, so they said it was stress.

Anyway I was sat looking at the causes of alopecia and noticed that antidepressants could cause this, so I went straight to the doctor and cried my eyes out (because Im upset about balding). He said that it was possible that they might be causing it, so hes given me a lower dose, and by next week I'll be off them.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this from tablets?

I'm going to pop some pictures of my hair loss on my blog so u can see what it looks like, I think it might be telogen effluvium?

Another thing is I colour my hair red (im a natural blonde) can red hair colour cause hair loss?

I'd really appreciate any advice :)
x