Clogged pores causing craters on face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Clogged pores causing craters on face

The skin all over my face, especially my cheeks, gets clogged with huge yellowish plugs (like small rice grains) that expands my pores. These expanded pores are so stretched that they never close back up and are very visible. I have so many of them on my face that the ones near each other always collapse and form permanent deep holes that are between  2-4mm in diameter. Can anyone please explain to me why these are forming in my porrs and how I can prevent them?

Thank you
The problem of enlarged pores on face or facial pores is commonly associated with excessive oiliness and acne. The excessive oiliness of the skin is in turn triggered by the hormonal changes in the body.

Large pores can be easily dealt with proper cleansing and frequent toning and moisturizing of the skin. Other treatments to consider include microdermabrasion, skin resurfacing lasers and chemical skin peels.

In my opinion you should discuss these treatment options with a cosmetologist/dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.