Clothes fade

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Clothes fade

This discussion is related to Fading in clothes.

I purchased brand new shirts this summer, the color faded significantly around the collar area where I can't wear them again (while wearing them) I bought a new tan colored Liz Clairborne sweater 2 weeks ago, sure enough the color faded around the collar (once washed) NO I DON"T use perfume, lotions or any topical treatments around my chest & neck area. It's simple enough to weed out possible culprits. Please don't say laundry detergent.

What chemical could be in the skin to cause colors to fade. Its not an issue of something applied to the clothes, it's me.
I am experiencing the same thing. I recently took a new job, and all three shirts they gave me have faded. The neck hole, armpits and chest fade more and more every time I wear and then wash them. I have noticed in the past that every now and then I will have a shirt that fades like this. I always blamed the water in my county, it is very hard. But now I have to wonder what is going on. It never happens to the clothes of my family, just me.  If you get any answers, please let me know and I will do the same.