Contact Dermatitis
Hello. I have a dry, flaky itchy rash around my mouth. I have had this rash for about two years. I went to several dermatologists and they prescribed me steroid ointments such as Desonide, which only made it worse. I tried switching to all natural toothpaste, I have used so many different lotions such as Aveeno with little improvement. The skin is constantly peeling and flaking. Please help.
Your symptoms can be due to perioral dermatitis. Perioral dermatitis like acne is a chronic papulopustular and eczematous facial dermatitis. It mostly effects women and appear around the nose, mouth and eyes. Treatment consists of oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. A mild soap or soap substitute, such as Dove or Cetaphil should be used for washing. Scrubbing should be avoided.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.