Corner Mouth Infection!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Corner Mouth Infection!

Hi Doctor and People of this community. I'm a teenage (Age 17)

About 3 weeks and 3 days ago, I have been infected by either a (bacteria) or (virus) that was located at the Right Corner/Side of my mouth. I have never kissed anyone in the mouth, don't share drinks very often and if i do, it is from my best friend or did i ever had sex. After doing some research about corner mouth problems over the net i still figured that cold sore could not have caused it. Please correct me if i'm pulling out the wrong information but according to few sites i have discovered that cold sores would alarm you a day or two before you actually suffer from blisters and scabs. Feelings include itching, tingling and burning sensations. I did not experience a prodrome on the day before this problem occurred on the corner of my mouth. All I did was go out and eat a meal for dinner with a couple of my friends and nothing was itchy or burning around my mouth. It was in the morning when I woke up and found myself sleeping sideways. My right mouth corner was drooling out saliva all night and created a big mess to rest on. Does it also help if i tell you that my pillow is very dirty from all the drool and sweat i've done on it. Anyways seconds later I wiped off the saliva with my hand, scratched it and licked it constantly which created even more itch and burn (the taste was salty?) Minutes later i looked into the mirror and it started to blister very fast. At this point I immediately freaked out because I have no idea why there were blisters. Did it starting to look worst because I scratched it which caused a form of bacteria to enter? The area crusted over the next day which formed a yellow looking scab and make it hard for me to eat, or even laugh. The corner would always crack open and bleed which forms brown scabs after. It took about 2 weeks for the area to clear up but after the scabs were gone, the skin was red for many days and still is. At this time i knew it was too late to head to a doctor and show him but i still went. I told him that it did blister and scab and he said it could be a cold sore from where the red mark was at the corner of my mouth. He showed me a bunch of pictures of people who had cold sores located on their cheek, chin, nose but nowhere near the corner i had it. He said that it was only a guess and couldn't culture it because the blisters and scabs had already been gone. The doctor told me that if it was a cold sore it would tend to reoccur at the very same spot it happened. But if it doesn't tend to come back within a year he wouldn't worry about it and just be just an infection of something else. Does anyone have an idea of what i had at the corner of my mouth? Can it be anything else instead of a cold sore?