Cracks, splits in fingers

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Cracks, splits in fingers

Just wanted to let those of you who have this problem in the cold weather that the only thing that worked for me was JnJ bandaid liquid bandage.  However, they changed their formula and the new formula just does not work.  I did some research and found that there is a product called Gluestitch that works almost as good as JnJ old formula.  It actually heals them in 24 hours if they are not too deep and it seals the wound and protects it from dirt and water.  I found you can not go around with a band aid on every finger during the day.  They get wet etc. and this product makes it so it does not hurt after getting it on. However, you may need more than one application to cover the split well.  It just comes off as the split heals and if you want to take it off sooner you can with baby oil.  Do not use this if the split/crack is infected.  I could not be typing right now if I did not have this on my fingers.