Creepy crawleys with pet dog

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Creepy crawleys with pet dog

Whenever I sit where a dog has been, or kneel on a rug where they have slept and touch bare skin to those surfaces I start getting a creepy crawley sensation with pin stick sensations here and there. If I take a shower the sensation disappears. Nothing is visible on my skin ever.
No one else seems to experience this.
I saw a science show once that showed a man sleeping on a mattress that had "bugs" in it. They were able through special lighting to show the bugs crawling all over his body as he slept. This is the sensation I have. They start in one area and crawl all over the place. Very creepy.
Could this be a simple allergy to dogs? Or am I actually picking up microbugs that crawl off the dog?
For such symptoms dermatitis skin and parasthesia should be ruled out. Parasthesias are common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidismThey can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the tingling is gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.