Dermatology Community
Cryosurgery Questions
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cryosurgery Questions

I had a real bad case of Molluscum that I picked up last November 2008. In Feb/March 2009, I had all of the 150+ lesions frozen off. They were located on mainly on my lower abdomen, chest, and genitalia.

Fast forward to today, 6 months later, I am still having a lot of pain from the Cryotherapy, particularly on my lower abdomen. Most of the lesions were located at my waist line where my paints constantly rub. This causes me pain on a daily basis. It feels almost like I have a sunburn that is getting rubbed. All of the wounds are closed, however there are some areas that are still pinkish, which I am assuming it means they are still healing.

My questions:

1. What us causing the pain? Is it nerve damage? Is it going to go away with time? How long should I expect?

2. Has anyone gone through a similar experience before? Any advice?

3. Do the scarring/pigmentation issues go away? If so, how long?

Thank you for any advice/input!
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Anybody have any input?
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Pain after cryotherapy is common in case of molluscum lesions. Following molluscum liquid nitrogen treatment, the treated areas get red and swell a bit, then develop a scab and eventually fall off.  This process takes about two weeks and may leave redness, pinkness, or occasionally lighter or darker skin in the treated area.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.
Blank
Should the pain still be present 6 months down the road?  When should improvement be seen.  Thank you for your advice!
Blank
Any other input?
Blank
Anyone?
Blank
TTT
Blank
Hello

I have had liquid nitrogen treatment on my back which certainly stung during the freezing and for maybe 30 mins after. It is possible for some lesions to blister and become red and angry for up to a week, but if you are still having pain 6 months later you should ask your doctor or better a dermatologist if everything is ok.

Regards
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank