Dark Bumps from Dialysis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dark Bumps from Dialysis

Hi:

I don't know if "Skin Growth" was the right title for my topic but it seemed the most appropriate.

Okay, so my older sister is on dialysis and has been for a while now.  When she first started out everything was okay but lately I've noticed she has these dark raised bumps on her legs in various places.  What are they called and what can be done to get rid of them?

Thanks,
Please mention the kidney condition for which your sister is undergoing dialysis. If it is for Fabry’s disease then a reddish-purplish rash may occur, mainly on the buttocks, groin and upper thighs, in the area of the belly button and sometimes on elbows and knees in this disease.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.