Dark patch of skin on foot
A few days ago, I noticed a dark patch of skin on my foot. It is dry and feels harder than the rest of the skin on my foot. It doesn't itch or hurt. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Would it be best to see a doctor or wait a few more days to see if it clears up? Any help would be appreciated.

It seems that the dark patch has developed due to friction from your foot-wear. You should try applying a moisturizer, Vaseline petroleum jelly and soaking your foot in warm water for a few days which will soften the skin and the discoloration would go away.

If it doesn’t resolve in a few days time, you should consult a doctor. Hyperpigmentation may also occur due to aging, sunburn, melasma, pregnancy, skin trauma, side effect of medication, use of birth control pills, or hormone replacement therapy. Various systemic diseases such as Addison's disease, hemochromatosis, primary biliary cirrhosis are associated with hyperpigmentation.
Take care

Thanks for the help. I'll start moisturizing and soaking the foot today.