Daughter's birthmark

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Daughter's birthmark

9025340?1366027602
My daughter was born with a red/purple discoloration beside her right knee. The doctors at the time told us that it was a birthmark and nothing to worry about. Recently, it changed from red to an off-flesh color. It has spread a little, but it mostly has just grown with her leg. It appears to be a large cluster of white circular spots under her skin. It isn't raised and the texture is normal.

I am going to include a picture, but it is hard to make out. If you tilt your computer screen back, it will become more visible with the contrast.

Any insight would be highly appreciated.
bump
You need to get this birthmark evaluated from a doctor as there is a rule that if you notice changes in the birthmark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Doctor,

I was only able to get a dermatologist appointment for 90 days from now. Would that be waiting too long? I am frankly terrified that something is seriously wrong with my baby, and I don't know how to help her. If this thing needs treatment, I want it to start as soon as possible, not months from now.

Should I bring her to an emergency room?
Also, thank you very much for your answer.
Bump.

I have made marks at the perimeter and it seems like it is spreading. The color changes to red when her skin is hot or cold.

I cannot get her a dermatologist appointment until three months from now, and I don't want to try to fix this before it's too late. 90 days is a long time.

Any speculation you could give would be very useful. I understand that nothing I read here should be considered a diagnosis, and I will not take it as such.

I am considering bringing her to the ER. Would that be the wrong decision in this situation?
Bump
Looks like a nevus anaemicus. Do consult your Doc.
Cheers.