Dr Kaur/ Query

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dr Kaur/ Query

Just wanted to ask....why does it itch a lot when we apply Clotrimazole solution on the glans (glands) penis ?? Is it an exceptional case for me or it happens generally ?? I applied it for the first time and it itched a lot for about 30 mins before i fell asleep and when i woke up, it had subsided. Please suggest.

Warm regards
Itching is not normal with application of clotrimazole and if you are having any itching after applying this drug, then it means that you are having an allergic reaction to this drug. Other side effects are stinging, blistering, peeling, swelling, hives or burning at the area of application. My sincere advice would be to get this prescription changed to some other topical antifungal drug.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Pls help ....had a white layer on penis to which i applied clobate gm  it dissappeared bt nw few reddish ulcer like lessions hve developed....waitin for ur reply