Dry, Flaky, Itchy Skin on Penile Shaft

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dry, Flaky, Itchy Skin on Penile Shaft

Hi. I have a condition that has been present for about four to five months now. The condition hasn't changed at all. I have a dry, flaky, itchy patch of skin on my penile shaft. It is close to where my penis intersects my body and is the only area affected. I have never had sex of any kind, and haven't exposed my penis in any exceptional way that it could be contaminated, so I am ruling out any STD. There is no ooze or bleeding. I treated it for jock itch a few weeks ago, applying Gold Bond several times a day, but without any improvement. For several weeks now I've been applying Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion (fragrance free). It removed all visible signs of the condition, but as I stopped applying it, the condition reverted. It first was sort of shiny and scaly (compared to the surrounding skin) and has now proceeded to be white-ish (like dead skin), flaky, and itchy. I know you are never supposed to scratch, but scratching the affected area almost seemed like I was scratching dandruff out of my hair. I've also avoided any "friction" in the area, but hasn't changed the condition. It is about the surface area (not shape) of somewhere between a nickel and a penny. I'm guessing this is a skin problem that has just been placed in an unfortunate area, but so far I'm not sure what it is. I also have athlete's foot which I am currently treating.

Any ideas what this might be? If I need to go see a professional, would I want to stop first at a doctor's office first or just go straight to the dermatologist? Thanks in advance.
It can be due to dermatitis or eczema skin. For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist. Symptoms  can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

More like seborrheic dermatitis(A kind of a dandruff).
I guess I'll try have to try treatment with an antifungal cream, considering I've tried most else. Thanks. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.
Fungus infection, though common at groin area is less likely in the location mentioned.

hey wussup had the same problem for a couple months, but found a solution use coconut oil after a few weeks of applying it now the skin is back to normal no more dry itchy flacky skin.