Dry, peeling skin around the eyes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Dry, peeling skin around the eyes

I'm 17 years old, and for the past eight months to a year, the skin around my eyes has been really dry. It peels also. I'm trying everything I can to prevent this. At night, I put Dermasil: Dry Skin Treatment Lotion and Petroleum Jelly on my eyes. It helps, but it takes two to three days for the peeling to go away. If I don't keep up with this, it returns. I've been to a doctor, and he prescribed eye drops to rub on the skin round my eyes. It worked for awhile, but once I stopped it came back. The skin isn't red or anything, just dry. What could it be? I already plan on setting up an appointment with a Dermatologist. Please help, thank you.
From the symptoms it can be seborrheic dermatitis or periocular dermatitis. Treatment of both is different. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face.

To confirm the diagnosis please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.