Dermatology Expert Forum
Dry Penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Dry Penis

Hi, i have two problems....one my penis gets very dry when there is an erection and also the foreskin is sticky. Is it ok to apply Johnson's baby lotion on the penis head and the foreskin. If there anyother over the counter creams which can be used for stickyness? Also my skin is very loose.....so i really have to pull my forekin back while urinating. Can the stickyness on the foreskin be because of urine getting deposited on the skin? Thanks.
The stickiness is more likely due to irritation than urine.  Lubrication seems the best route.  You might try 1% hydrocortisone (non-prescription) for a couple of day, and if it helps then use it every now and then.  If it becomes uncontrollable, you should show it to a doctor.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Is it ok to use Johnson's baby lotion on the penis foreskin for dryness? Thanks.
Sure.

Dr. Rockoff
I've had a similar problem and through much trial-and-error finally found a moisturizing product that actually works.

It's Aveeno's Shower and Bath Oil (the blue one). Aveeno has a lot of similar-looking products, and the only one that worked was the "blue" Shower & Bath oil with natural colloidal oatmeal.

(Ingredients are Mineral Oil, Oat (Avena Sativa) Flour, Laureth-4, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzaldehyde, Silica.)

This will keep my foreskin lubricated all day, even when masturbating or having sex.

I think it currently runs about $9 for 10 oz, which is quite expensive for a "shower gel", but I finally found something that works.

Make sure you follow the directions on the bottle. They want you not to "towel off" after showering, but "patting dry" instead. It really makes a difference.

Hope this works for you..

P.s.: Here is a link for you so you for more information.
http://www.aveeno.com/detailAction.do?id=3660