Dry roughening of skin after allergic reaction
I've had an allergic reaction (presumably from dust mites my doctor tested) for 4 days already. eyelids and ears were swollen. And after the swelling and redness subsided, my face became bloated which I think is fluid retention. And now my skin is very dry and rough... like sandpaper. I haven't been using cleanser or moisturizers because my skin is very sensitive at this point. Is this normal? does anyone know why it happens? And what can i do to bring my skin texture back to normal? Someone told me that the roughness is protein deposits from my allergic reaction and I have to wait until my body absorbs it.

Thanks for reading!

For such an allergic reaction, avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.