Ear Piercings - Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Ear Piercings - Rash

I got my ears (one lobe, two cartilage) pierced 6 days ago, and my ear was fine--just a little throbbing on the cartilage. Now, for the past few days, I've developed an itchy rash on my right cheek. My two cartilage piercings just happen to be on my right ear. My rash is itchy and red. About an hour or two ago, I noticed the top part of my right ear is swollen and well, it sort of hurts and throbs. Is this rash because of my piercings? What should I do?
This rash looks like the piercing site has got infected. You should apply a topical antibiotic cream like Neosporin and consult a doctor as you may need oral antibiotics to take care of the same.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.