Dermatology Community
Excess Nose Sebum and small flakes.
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Excess Nose Sebum and small flakes.

I have enlarged pores on my nose and i am fairly acne prone around my chin. If i squeeze or pinch my nose, white and yellow fluids come out of it, sometimes, there are little flakes of dead skin that are visible at the surface of the nose. Is this easily treatable? Is there an over the counter remedy for it?
Related Discussions
Hi,
Acne is often the result of many conditions co-existing, all leading to blocked pores and inflammation. Widely ranging in the severity of the disease, acne occurs on many different skin types.Sebum is a natural production of the sebaceous glands, tiny glands located on almost every part of the human skin.
The production of too much sebum can cause a pore to become blocked, trapping natural skin bacteria and sebum within. Initially, this may appear as a whitehead or a blackhead, two forms of non-inflammatory acne. If the bacteria starts to reproduce, however, the pore quickly becomes irritated and an immune response is triggered, culminating in the redness, swelling, and pain of a pimple.
Avoid over-washing your face because when face is dry the sebaceous glands will actually produce even more sebum to counteract the dryness, and you're back to where you started.
Don't use oil-based makeup or skin products. Widely available OTC bactericidal products containing benzoyl peroxide may be used in mild to moderate acne. The gel or cream containing benzoyl peroxide is rubbed, twice daily, into the pores over the affected region.
REF:http://ezinearticles.com/?Got-Oily-Skin?-Fundamental-Tips-for-Preventing-Acne-Breakouts&id=294600
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...