Excessively BRUISED and ITCHY legs!!
About a week and a half ago I started to get really itchy legs, I have been itching them badly (although I try not to) and now for about a week I have really bad bruising mostly on my thighs but also a few on my calves as well.  I itch alittle on my arms too but nothing like my legs.  About 2 weeks ago before this all started, I had my blood drawn and my WBC were a tiny bit elevated (i cant remember the exact number, but it was a very tiny elevation) and it also said I had a bit of a liver elevation????  The I called and told the drs about this and they said after a couple weeks if the itching doesnt go away then to come in, they said the bruises are from itching, I have never bruised easily as far as I can remember and I really dont think I am scratching hard enough to bruise myself.  Can a liver elevation cause itching and bruising?  They never really said anything about it.  ALSO, I have been taking the weight loss pill Alli for about 3 months now.  Could that have something to do with it?  It doesnt thin your blood does it??  I really dont have any other symptoms other than itching and bruising.  The bruises do go away after a short time but new ones come to replace them, what could it be?
Liver enlargement or hepatomegaly can lead to deranged liver functions which can cause itching on the body.Easy bruisability can also be due to liver dysfunction. Inflammation of the liver (hepatitis and cirrhosis)reduces the production of chemical clotting factors. These clotting factors normally stop little bits of bleeding under the skin by blood clotting. Due to reduction of liver clotting factors and platelets, this would tend to cause easy bruising, which is actually bleeding under the skin.Pls get your liver function tests(SGOT,SGPT)done to rule it out.
I hope that helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

I have similar situation ...i have a lot of bruises and my skin is so itchy legs.  I am an hepatitis B carrier.  I would check with my doctor very soon.  Thank for the information.
omg... this is exactly what happens to me, also I itch but its mostly on my thighs of course I scratch then when I look its a bruise. Very scary
Hello, a few years ago I had a microscopic parasite that made my lower legs itchy so when it happened again I went to my Doctor but he told me there were no holes so it was probably an allergic reaction, he gave me a cream that helped a little but didn't stop it.
I searched the net and someone said it might be due to something in bread so I stopped eating bread, then I stopped cakes and even schnitzel and crumbed fish, this did help but I still had it sometimes.
Finally I searched the net again and found it can be caused by lack or water, I realized I had been drinking a lot more coffee so I cut back the coffee and drank more water and it has stopped, my lower legs finally don't itch and I can eat bread again.
It is simple to test and it worked for me so I hope it helps you because I do understand how this can drive you crazy.
I am having this problem at the minute to the point where I am up in the night scratching away until I leave my skin covered in bruises! It hurts and I hate how bad it is making my legs look. I started off with itchy ankles and now it is the whole of my legs, my bum and stomach! It is driving my crazy and I am defo going doctors again to get a test for liver problems, all this time my doctor just keeps saying it is an allergy, thank you Esther
Hi I'm suffering now over past 3 weeks. I'm bruised all on my thighs to my waste. Some on my arms and shins. But I'm also scathing around my neck back and now it's leading around to the front I have loads of red spots it's obvious.  I do drink coffee beers. Only chicken and tuna very little of anything else. I also suffer from depression and I can on tablets can you help me please. Lis