Extreme Itching all over body w/NO rash, welts or hives.

I've recently been diagnosed with Urticaria. My doctor says I fall into the 99.9% of the people who have it without any signs. My itchiness has been getting progessively worse for the past few years. I'd say almost 3 yrs now. It's to the point where I can't even engage in intercourse with my partner, go shopping or even go out in the sun. I keep hearing and reading how Urticaria, usually has signs on the skin surface but I don't, except for the really bad itchy feeling. Sometimes I question whether or not I have something else because it's really bad and it feels like I have a sudden burning rush of nails/needles stabbing my skin and I can't even move but only twitch. It's like this on a daily basis with my skin, whenever my body temperatue goes up. I feel like my body's thermostat is broken and I'm constantly overheating. I've been taking Claritin and Benadryl but that doesn't seem to help at all. My doctor also gave me a prescription medicine called Atarax, which only makes me drowsy and doesn't help the itchy feeling. Any suggestions? Btw, I've taken blood tests to see if there is anything wrong but everything came out fine. =/
Same problem here! The only thing that helps me is medicated anti-itch cream or Triamcinolone Acetonide .1%. It works although its only a temporary fix, it will get you through the night. like all of you, I want this to end. my itching is so severe want to use a wire brush! I have suffered from this for about 15 yrs.
My whole body started itching about 6 months ago.  I'm in my 50's and never had any major allergy problems in the past.  Taking allegra works for me but I would rather know the cause.  Dermatologist not any help.
My whole body started itching about 6 months ago.  I'm in my 50's and never had any major allergy problems in the past.  Taking allegra works for me but I would rather know the cause.  Dermatologist not any help.  In my case I suspect the following possible causes:  GMO food, although I eat organic most of the time.  HFCS, chem trails, type 2 diabetes, over weight, need more water.  So I will work on these issues.
I started to itch about a year ago (I am 63) and it mostly happens in areas where I have hair (groin, forearms, armpits, legs) and also, there is no rash.  My dermatologist, finding nothing he can do about it, wants me to get checked for Hodgkins and lymphoma.  Apparently there is a form of lymphoma called cutaneous t-cell lymphoma that primarily attacks the skin and can cause sever itching.  Whatever the cause, I am a Christian and believe that God, the great Physician, has a natural remedy for all conditions.  I will drink more water, and try juicing mostly vegetables and some fruit.  I have become completely vegan, as I believe that anything from an animal is poison to our bodies.

My prayers are with you all.

I had this problem in my late 20's and 30's and was having abnormal liver tests. When that improved, the intense itching stopped. Same symptoms as everyone on this site. You all should have your liver tested to rule out if it could be related.
My sister had under skin itching, no dry skin or hives, that was driving her insane.  After countless visits to doctors, allergists and dermatologists, she saw a naturopath doctor who diagnosed her with candida overgrowth.  He changed her diet and gave her probiotics and she hasn't itched since.
I sympathize with you,beyond belief.  For roughly 40+ years I have had chronic, all over itching.  Everything under the sun has been changed over the years to no avail.  I have found that cool/cold water (vs hot) eases the itching and sometimes rubbing alcohol will also help but you do have to make sure you re lubricate the skin.  I sincerely think that it is the underlying nerves under the skin that are malfunctioning.  Lyrica has helped in the past with this, but, with kidney problems I can no longer use that.  My prayers are with you as I fully understand how miserable you must be.
Do you know that Morgellons is a mental disorder characterized by a delusional belief that they are infested with a disease, insects or parasites when no such things are present?

Nothing to do with diet. These patients need psychiatric help. An antipsychotic medication is the treatment.
Dear AlanJay, My 3 year grandson has severe itching with a runny one and and watery and swollen eyes. It is worse during pollen season but he suffers all year long. He does not eat a lot of processed foods. His diet consists of at least 75%  vegetables and fruit. He loves them. His juice is watered down quite a bit. I'm at my wits end! I can't stand to see him scratching so much. He wakes up all through the night gets out of bed and takes off all of his clothes. He must feel like his skin is crawling. Just don't know what to do. His Pediatrician prescribes Zyrtec things like that. Can you recommend what tests can be conducted for a 3 year old? Things seem so different/difficult when it involves such a young person
I've had terrible iching all over my body for months.havent changed anything I can recall.tried changing foods ,with no luck.its driving me out of my mind.PLEASE HELP
I'm a retired doctor, and have none of the asthma problems you wrote about, but, I do have the terrible itching that comes when I lay in the bed with covers on me.  promptly I get intense itching of me arms, legs and shoulders ( today it came after changing my covers three times ). I have not changed the Tee shirt yet, but I will.

What you wrote about nerve endings made me stop.  There is a drug - Lyrica - that is used for diabetic nerve pain, and I advise you to try 10 - 30 days of it.   I took it once for 3 months for my diabetic pain, and I'd had it bad.  It relieved 1/2 (I mean it) of the pain during the 3 months I took.  I stopped it in a fit of fear that it had made my left leg muscle (the quadriceps) atrophy, but it was not the cause I realized 15 years later, just this week before reading your post.

Gods relief and good luck
Another idea came to me after a tortuous night. Have you considered the fabric softener so contained within laundry detergent pods?  I had used
Tide free for years, then became careless after I retired and was alone.  That seems to be what was itching mt last night in my first ever comment to peg ell.  I took off met Teeshirt that turnEd out to be so fragrant with Tide with Bounty, or whichever. Fragrance source.  I didn't get any further itching
. Good luck
sounds like you have erythema multiforme or stevens johnsons syndrome, look it up, you just described it to the T..
omg thankyou so much for all this info i know for sure i have low iron, ive had it for months now and i chew a whole bag of ice a week because of this, i also have thyroid issues in my family a few of us suffer from this in my family, i know i was supose to start taking my iron pills but i have been so hardheaded, but i am going to start my iron pills first thing in the morning and i will give myself  a few weeks and see what happens, i realy feel you hit it on the nose for me, i am so unhappy with all this itching all of a sudden, it feels terrible, i pray that the rest of you guys figure out what your itch is all about, because i realy feel in my heart i found out mine, i will keep you all posted and once again thanks for this information, it real helped me look on the brighter side,...wish me luck
Possible help here. I started itching 5 weeks ago on hands and feet especially at night. Now it is all over my body. I took epsom salt bath help me to sleep but still itching. I took a baking soda bath and put aloe vera lotion on woke up not crazy itching feeling the best I have in 5 weeks. I get a little itch here and there put some aloe vera and it stop the itch. Also for all who itch I just purchase a product on line to spot inching. It is supposed to be natural and money back guarenteed. for 15 dollars. I just ordered it as a back of my other natural remedies I am trying. No other symptom. It was driving me crazy.I hope this helps because I don't think I could go through the rest of my life with this itching sometimes feels like a burning or a mosquito bite veries. Good Luck everyone. I will not give up till ever last itch is gone. But the baking soda 1 c with warm water for 20 minutes then put aloe vera on it. It has really helped and when the itch comes back put a little aloe on the itch. It will not be all over or as intense might get a little itch on the hand or foot in one are not all over. THis I could live with not the intensity I had before this method
.Merchant information:
Natural Body Remedies LLC
***@****
http://www.itchnomore.com
Great information regarding the 1 Cup Baking Soda for 20 min in a warm bath, followed with Aloe Vera everywhere it itches. spot treat with Aloe Vera on small itch areas afterward.
I have had this severe itching for over a month, began with spot behind left shoulder but now everywhere, from scalp on down.  No rash at all.  I have a very stressful life at this time.  Lost son, husband and daughter within a year and now have another daughter and brother with terminal cancer.  I recently had severe accident to leg and unable to visit ill loved ones.  Also trying to get home ready to sell to be closer to family as I feel very alone now.  I feel like I have so many "balls" juggling and afraid will drop one and everything will fall to pieces.  My family are all in another, far away state so have no emotional support.  I am beginning to believe mine is stress related.  Although I have recently quit taking gabapenton (Neurontin) and perhaps that exacerbates it.  I, too, have iron deficiency due to severed blood vessel with accident.  Don't know answer but am going crazy with non stop itching.  Unable to get rest due to lack of sleep.  What can I do?  Help ! ! !
Anyone get urticaria  and dermagraphism, I had it s a few years ago after some nasty dental work, I assumed it was meds I was given and anesthetics .it eventually went away ...but last 2 weeks is back after I took 5 days of Bactrim.so check any meds/drugs you have been taking or still taking .
** The answer to your problems.
It is called symptomatic dermographism.

I have had this problem as far as I can remember, no doctor for years upon years could figured out the issue or give me medication to help it I had to on my own than get a doctors opinion which validated my findings. at 34 I am accustom to the issue.
It starts with something touching your skin or rubbing you the wrong way it can be the shirt your wearing (I am in no way joking)  I a random small itch usually on one of my legs than spreads to my stomach back arms sometimes my neck and head. sometimes to the point I injure my skin scratching to the point it bleeds. The ONLY thing I have found that fixes this is scratching for an hour or two until it calms or Cetirizine hydrochloride (10mg) About 1 time every 1-2 days or as needed. The brand name of this drug is Zyrtec however you can find it at your local Walmart for about 10 bucks for 45 doses its called "Allergy Relief" by equate just read the label any  Cetirizine hydrochloride (10mg) will work even for a kid (consult a pediatrician under 5 or on other medications) It can take time to work if your using it for symptom relief. here is a picture of what i use http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51D0cnkkz%2BL.jpg

You are welcome, now enjoy life :)
Some people have lots of different, itchy conditions. One post about moist area  itching sounds just like a yeast infection. Others, with lot of itching and hives can be thyroid disease that is not under complete control. Then, there are those that have idiopathic type of itching ,  with not particular trigger or rash, but that could be the result of bile salts coming to the surface of the skin. This is sometimes caused by liver problems and itches unbelievably bad!!! Good luck to all.  I have had them all too!
I'm the same.. just started with this problem 2 weeks ago.. crazy burning itch that comes and goes all day long that is making me nutty! Started in feet/toes/ankle areas.. then all over hands and forearms, now anywhere. I also seem to get a 'flush' rash that comes and goes at the same time where the itch flares up so my skin turns red/gets hot. The worst is when it just won't stop. I end up sitting on my feet to put pressure on the skin and it calms down but doesn't really go away or comes back an hour later. Then of course my feet fall asleep.. lol  
This itching with no rash, etc, is an internal issue- most likely a yeast overgrowth within your intestines.  Whatever is happening in your bowels will manifest in your skin.  Try using capryllic acid or research some of the herbal concoctions on Amazon for yeast overgrowth, or you can try to convince your doctor to prescribe nystatin. Definitely cut out sugar and, beer, and other yeasty foods.  It may take awhile to clear up, but some people feel better pretty quickly with capryllic avid and a bowel cleanse( oxy powder is a good bowel cleanser).
same problem i itch everywhere all day it is so bad that yes i just want to jump off a bridge, head to toe is severely itchy with no rash or bumps its such a irritation  itch it almost hurts not to itch, i have not seen any doctors because every similar symptoms people have they have been to doctor after doctor and nothing. i found relief using reacton allergy pill i take one every other day and i dont itch at all is expensive but worth every penny to not feel the itch
I am so glad I read post after post to get to the one that hit home. Hubby suffering with no rash, all over itching, day and night, for several years. Making us both crazy. Discovered that dermatologists are like weathermen; overpaid to "guess." $$$$ for every kind of dr. Imaginable and a houseful of lotions and potions.
FINALLY, someone here mentioned the neuropathy medication Gabapentin. Hubby is diabetic, with neuropathy, but quit taking Gabapentin as the restless leg syndrome went away. So, I saw the post right before bedtime; found his pills (still good) and told him to take one that night and one in the morning. I have to confess I did not tell him why, because I wanted to make sure he wouldn't just THINK it was working. Well, he slept all night and no itching next day, nor any since. We are amazed. I would love to take this post and staple it to the forehead of each and every dr. We've wasted our time and money seeing!
would taking a bath in oatmeal help? this just started yesterday and i could not sleep at all. i had red and white bumps on my arms and feet but went away the next day. i have very itchy palms and feet and i think my hands got a little swollen. i looked it up and i had the same symptoms as chicken pox, fever, vomiting, itchy palms, dizzyness EVERY time i stood up. however, the rash went away but the itching still continues, i took a bath and try washing al over with dove bu that didnt help much. i figured i should just take a oatmeal bath to relax and see if it helps at all. this is horrible and to much to deal with. im trying to avoid going to the doctors and find a way to cure it myself . do you have any tips on how to help relieve the itching? please get back to me asap!
I have also suffered with this affection.  I discovered that putting muscle rub all over relieved the itching.  Yes, the sting of the muscle rub distracted me from the itching, but when the burn went away, the itching was gone also.  Try it.
Writing to share what solved my itching. But first a little about what I experienced before resolved the problem.

I had terrible itching all over my body for several months - but only at home and only at night when in bed.  No rash, no bumps, & no temperature.

I have allergies - allergic to lots of stuff (been tested), so initially I attributed to allergies. I did all the things one does to treat the house, especially the bedroom, for dust mites and sought to eliminate bringing allergens into the house from outside.

At first only itched on my ankles, feet & legs so doctors thought related to my peripheral neuropathy. But then my arms, wrists, hand palms, back, and everywhere started itching. It would wake me up or not allow me to even fall asleep.  I was absolutely miserable and this went on for months.

I already take an antihistamine for my allergies, so started trying different anti-itching lotions and creams plus operating air purifiers at night in the house.  Some lotions helped more than others (temporary relief so I could sleep a few hours) but still unable to sleep an entire night.

I used a plastic back scratcher and pressed so hard I started leaving bruises on my legs. It was amazing the things I could find around the house to rub the itch without using my finger nails. Most helpful was a plastic comb, a hairbrush with plastic bristles, even the edge/end of the plastic card that held my pills (after empty) worked.  

Unfortunately the itching got so bad that I began to experience during the day when out of the house.  It was starting to distract me at my job. It also was causing me to feel stressed so triggered some other medical conditions I have that react to stress. So I had to deal with that on top of the itching.

THE SOLUTION  - Long story short - recently found the cause for my itching.  We had a dead mole in the attic!  Once the mole was gone, all the itching eventually stopped.

We started seeing flies in the house after the AC broke down and the repairman had to go into the attic.  Eventually figured out the flies were coming from the attic. Although a bug zapper was killing the flies, they just kept coming back.

So we called in an exterminator who found the dead mole in the attic. We have the exterior of the house treated by Orkin every other month, but had not had anything done inside the home for several years. Plus we rarely go up in the attic.

Once the dead mole was removed - it took a couple days but the all over body itching stopped!  But I found I was totally exhausted from all those sleepless nights, so I slept for several days only getting up to deal with the necessities.  

Traps have been set throughout the attic, garage and house for little critters and my husband blocked all the openings the exterminator identified where mice or moles could get inside.  

We didn't go as far as to have the chimneys checked since we have never used - but that's also an option for where dead animals might be.

Like many of you, the itching had gone on for months and I had been to see several doctors.  I researched and explored so many possible causes. I changed detergents, deodorants, bath soap, dish liquid, sheets (fabric), etc. I cleaned and vacuumed every where.  Had the house checked for mold or mildew.  Changed my diet, drank more water, and tried many of the things I read about that had worked for other people. You know the drill - well, I did it all!! But the itching continued.

If it had not been for the AC breaking down, and opening the attic door, we would not have seen the flies and called in the exterminator.  I was told that usually people aren't aware that there's a dead something in the house until it starts to smell (odor) but it can sometimes take months before odor is bad enough for people to notice.

My allergy tests had already made me aware that I'm allergic to animal fur & dander, but it never occurred to me that something like a dead mole could because me so much misery for so many months!
I hope everyone that has posted comments on here will see this. It could be that some or all of you have dry, sensitive skin and/or eczema. I don't know if there is always a rash with eczema but there is always dry, itchy sensitive skin. I would also like to point out that taking hot baths or showers is not a good idea because it will dry your skin out more because it draws all of the oil out of your skin. It would be better to take a warm but not hot bath. Above all else, please all of you, see a dermatologist because he or she should be able to help you.
I have had severe itching everywhere for 17yrs triggered by temperature changes. if im too cold, too hot, get wet etc. i have been told its urticaria but 100% sure it is not!! never had a rash. I dread showers n baths as i have a fit of itching after i get out that can last up to two hrs by which time im exhausted!! ive been on cimetidine and fexofenadine for 15 yrs but no idea why!!! in the summer i have to plan bmy bath time to fit in with being able to then sit straight in the sun to warm up extra quickly to shorten the itching time! so sick of this now!!
what did u get prescribed, i.e. anitbiotics, myotics, tetracyclins..  etc i tried amoxy x 1000mg day + 500 metronidazol . self diagnosis no idea flaking skin and possibly imigined pests around certain rooms in house saw some weird stuff  .. morgellons... please no.? not same problem really but im interested in scabies and how most doctors treat and dignose in general.
Let me start off by saying that I hope this post will help someone. Approximately one year ago, I was reading through all 700+ comments on this thread looking for any indication of what was wrong with me. In October of last year, I developed extreme "itching." I used the term itching, but eventually realized this wasn't the right term. Instead, it was more of a pin-prick sensation. I didn't necessarily need to "itch" the spots, but rather, just put pressure on the spots to make the feeling go away. Unfortunately, as soon as I put pressure on one spot, another spot would get the pin-prick sensation, then another spot, then another spot...and if I didn't put pressure on the spot, I would essentially twitch and this made sleeping incredibly difficult. It was like my nerves were misfiring. For those who may be having similar symptoms, let me save you some time. Explore the following options to start ruling out issues (because all of the following issues potentially can cause itching):
-Intake of water (try drinking 10-12 glasses of water a day and see if it helps)
-Have you vitamin B12 levels checked
-Have your iron levels checked
-Have your liver enzyme levels checked
-Food allergies
-Environmental allergies

Let me reassure you, you are not going crazy. I was so itchy that I couldn't sleep and at one point I was sure that this was all mental and completely in my head. It seemed liked I tried everything. I greatly increased my water intake. I had blood work done with normal levels. I went on a special diet to determine if I had food allergies (essentially I was eating poultry and veggies for breakfast, lunch and dinner with no relief of symptoms). I changed all soaps, detergents to non-scented, hypoallergenic. I bought eczema lotions. I took oatmeal/epson salt baths every night. I tried a variety of different allergies meds. I was taking 5 or more Benadryl (yes, 5 or more) per day to help alleviate symptoms (By the way, the special lotions, oatmeal baths, and benadryl did not help...making me realize this was not an issue with the surface of my skin...it was something deeper). If anything, the Benadryl helped me get a couple more hours of sleep a night.

During this time, I spent a lot of time exploring the possibility of allergies causing this. At first, I was convinced it was food allergies. I was prepared to go on the GAPS diet (look it up, I highly recommend it for healing your body) which is a very intense lifestyle change. I had recently moved down the street so I was also considering the possibility of environmental allergies...but it just didn't make sense because we completely remodeled our house. Same dog we've always had...only moved down the street so the outside pollens would be the same...absolutely no signs of mold when remodeling our house and we essentially replaced everything. Anyways, I still decided to have someone come out and test our air quality to see if we had an extensive amount of pollen in the air of our home. It was costly (around $450) and we only had small amount of pollen in the air. Thankfully the man that tested our air quality also stuck the hose up in our air vents, because as it turns out, we had a significant amount of mold in our air vents. We had been using the AC nonstop since the second we moved into the house, thus exposing ourselves to airborne mold spores. I was working from home at the time so I was home all day and all night with the AC on. Let me just say, mold makes your body do crazy stuff!

Also, I would like to point out, whether your issue is mold or anything else, remember, sometimes your body takes time to heal itself. We had been using the AC/exposing ourselves to mold for 2 full months before we figured it out and had our vents replaced. My symptoms did not get better right away. Actually, it took many months for the body to get back to normal. Just remember IT TAKES TIME TO HEAL. Good luck!
Also, one of the best coping mechanisms I had was when I couldn't sleep at night due to the itching, I would get a hand towel, get it damp with cold water, and lay it over the areas that were itching (it was mainly my legs, weird huh?). That would allow me to get some sleep.
OMG i have the same thing....exactly after few months after i gave birth started again....i had cholestasis also while pregnant but i still have my gall bladder. Now almost 3 years after giving birth i still have the itch....after reading A LOT over i reach one conclusion...its even the thyroid gland or just in my collagen levels are very low. or the itchy dry feel tight skin i have is a symptom of a crazy sickness...one thing i notice...when i get vitamin B12 its less itchy....hope this helps  
It might be bird mites.
It may be bird mites. Try 1 ounce orange oil and 16 ounces of 91% isopropyl rubbing alcohol shake and spray around. It is best to do this at night when they  are active. I also use this on me, it will sting (bad if you use too much orange oil) but it had helped me immensely after  3 years of fighting this. Spray bed in the morning and right before you go to bed and it should help if you have them. They come in your home if you have an abandoned nest around you house. I hope this helps.
I've had the EXACT same itching you describe for 7 months. Since your post was so long ago, can you tell me if you have seen a doctor about it? Or what treatments you may have pursued? Thank you so much. Signed, miserable.
I commiserate with everyone on this forum. I too have suffered intense daily itching for over 12 yrs.  Started on the buttocks, rectal and pubic area.  Have a spot on back that itches intensely at times. At bedtimes, feet start to itch and feel like skin is crawling.  Visits to doctors and dermatologists have been to no avail.  The itching takes no time off.  The only relief was for 3 mo. while taking Doxepin that a neurologist prescribed when I told her about it.  Downside, I gained 15 pds during that time.  Weaned myself off that.  Use Gold Bond cream on a daily basis.  Helps to keep it tolerable.  Started using the one with menthol in it this week, seems to help, too.  Helps to reduce the pins and needle effect.  Take ambien every other day to get sleep.  My only hope is that this will suddenly disappear on its own...the same way it suddenly appeared.  Good luck to everyone in finding relief from this curse..

I had crazy itching felt like a million ants were crawling all over me , went to an MD and dermatologist they had no idea. I had it for over year, everyday I would research  I read to take massive dose of vitamin C which I did this stopped my itching in its tracks! I was so happy, I then  hired a naturopathic doctor
who told me it was candida. overgrowth finally an answer got on the fungal free diet took diflucan and poof I was well.

My friend had the same thing hers was from living in house with black mold, she left there and got treated and poof she was well.
The simplest way to reduce itching is to start using tea tree oil all over the body and the best way to do so is to add some drops of tea tree oil in bath water. I am sure this will definitely help and it's completely organic, there is no harm in trying this at least once.
To all of those saying SCABIES, you are probably wrong in most cases.  My dermatologist scraped me multiple times and even did a biopsy of an affected area and it was negative EVERY time.  They treated me anyway.  The itching continues and is getting worse every day.  Don't be so quick to judge people.  
Switch to Xylitol gum. Its good for your teeth. No aspartame. You can get it at a health food store.
Anyone Considered bedbugs , everyone shows symptoms of bedbug bites differently may have rash may not , might itch right away in the morning or later. maybe body mites any one have squirrel,racoon,bird
Oops , I'm knew to the forum and didn't finish my questions before submitting ,(Catalysth2o).
Anyway various kinds of nights cause these symptoms can get them from wildlife in the attic pets people etc.
Also a allergy to wood like walnut could also be the cause it can irritate the skin and throat minor headaches feels like you can't quite catch breath. Those are the
i am a 50 year old chef who  has recently experienced severe itching on my arms, the heat could be a factor, but I've been doing this job for at least 30 years. I don't consume aspertaine or any artificial fructose  products.  Any ideas
Hi, I am 15 years old and I recently got this itchy sensation throughout my upper body and I thought nothing of it at first but for the past few days it's been getting progressively worse. I've look on various websites and reading several stories and a lot of people talk about how this has been going on with this for years and I am now getting very concerned. I am usually a very active person other than when there is an offseason for my baseball team and I can't imagine going on with this for years. I have read that eating too many salty foods or foods that are high in sodium are to blame for this itchy sensation and that a long term or even permanent solution would be to stop eating these types of food all together for days or even weeks. I haven't tried this yet but if anyone has I would like to hear how this has worked out for you.
pls i am currently face with dis problem, any time i bath i begin to itch my body, it started from my toes to leg, to my lapse and the whole body i am tired wat should i do
Did u see a dermitoligest to see if u have scabies. You have the same symptoms as me. I don't know how I got it but within a few hours the itching slowed down. A week later no itching and compleatly gone. Check it out. Just an expensive topical cream from head to toe and poof. Try it plz.
All your symptoms can be related to the liver. If you have gallstones or liver problems bilirubin is the cause for your itch. If not than check your vitamin D and calcium levels, iron levels. Low levels cause itching. Conditions such as diabetes and hypothyroidism cause itching.
I knocked mine out in just a few days. If you get on the life extension website, you can buy buffered vitamin C powder. Take 2 teaspoons of this a day until it's gone. Also, get some clove oil and add it to coconut oil for external use.
I knocked mine out in just a few days. If you get on the life extension website, you can buy buffered vitamin C powder. Take 2 teaspoons of this a day until it's gone.  Also, get some clove oil and add it to coconut oil for external use.
Try detoxing your body and cut out all sugars and starches.  Take a fungal med (prescribed by Dr.), and add a pro biotic.  Itching could be caused by fungal infection, especially if you have taken any antibiotics recently and/or have a low immune system.  
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Neurology/Pins-and-Needles-in-Response-to-Heat/show/384970#post_12594264

Check this post out. It seems to be the same condition.