Extremely itchy legs
I have extremely itchy legs all the time. I usually end up scratching them until they bleed and are red for days. They have never showed any sign of rash or infection and I take iron pills as well as fish oil daily to try and make it better, nothing works. Lotion usually makes the itching worse too.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be lichen simplex chronicus. the other possibility is of vascular eczema. Lichen Simplex Chronicus is seen in people with eczema. It is non contagious. It is treated like chronic eczema by decreasing water and soap contact, and applying emollients. Topical steroids are almost always needed to control the symptoms. You can use mild steroid cream like Dermacort and if the symptoms persist then high potency steroids and oral steroids may be needed.
My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist to get the diagnosis confirmed. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.