FACE BURNT FROM WAXING

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

FACE BURNT FROM WAXING

Hi, I recently burned my face from waxing. I've been applying pure aloe on it from the plant for 3 days. It started scabbing so I peeled the scab thinking it was already starting to peel on its own and now its turned red and a second scab is now forming. How long will it take for the redness to go away? Will it scar?
  • Wax Burn? (1 replies):
    I got my upper lip waxed for the first time. Unfortunate...[more]
  • skin (1 replies):
    I recently got a bad sun burn on my feet and ankle, and ...[more]
  • . (1 replies):
    I always sit near the heater because im cold.Because of ...[more]
  • Should I go to the hospital? (1 replies):
    I got sunburn yesterday, and today I woke up with the ri...[more]
  • Wax Burn? (1 replies):
Face burns during waxing are usually superficial burns. Apply cool compresses on the area and take bath with cool(not very cold) water. Do not scrub your skin or shave your skin and use a soft towel and gently pat your skin dry. Also use a cream containing aloe vera and a light moisturizer or a dusting powder to relieve chafing. You can apply silver sulfadiazine (1% cream) on the skin except face and see if it helps. If the symptoms still persist then you should consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.