Dermatology Expert Forum
Facial Hair after taking Morning After Pill

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

After taking the Morning After Pill in June, I noticed a significant amount of facial hair growth as well as more/longer hairs on my back. These hairs are light colored but fairly long and are more pronounced than common 'peach fuzz'. My question is will they 'go away' with a little time or should I wax my face? Will waxing cause a regrowth and will it be darker hair that will regrow? Any suggestions?
Welcome to the Dermatology Expert Forum!

First of all, irregular, long-term face and body hair growth has to be thoroughly investigated by a dermatologist (and possible endocrinologist). The best way to treat it is to address the real cause. One time use of a morning-after-pill, most likely, is not the cause of it all, but it might have triggered or precipitated certain endocrinological disharmony.

In regards to hair removal, any technique (including waxing) that does not “destroy” hair follicle (“root”) will result in hair regrowth. New generation of hair-reduction lasers are suitable to treat even patients with light colored hairs.

Wishing You Optimal Health,
Dr. Jasmina Jankicevic
Is it not possible that waxing would remove the longer than normal hairs that were induced by an abnormal increase in hormones and that the regrowth would simply be the regrowth of the normal length hairs (since the hormones are no longer in the system)?
And, if possible, could you be more specific about the possible problem with the Endocrine system?  That all of a sudden seems much more serious.