Forearm lump
I have a small lump about the size of a pea on my forearm about 4 inches from my elbow.  It is very sore to the touch. Any ideal what this could be?

This may be a boil, a folliculitis, a ganglion cyst, a lipoma. A boil is more likely a diagnosis if pain is noted. Boils are bacterial skin infections. They may readily increase in size and drain pus. Boils are painful and they may enlarge within days. I suggest that you apply a warm compress over the area to keep the swelling down. Take pain relievers for the pain and swelling. If the bump continues to enlarge then you may need oral antibiotics for this.

Thank you for the information, but my lump in my forearm shows no redness or anything on the outside of the skin.  Could this still be a boil?

If redness is absent, I would give more weight on ganglion cyst as a more likely differential. I suggest that you have this assessed by your primary physician. Ganglion cysts may affect the wrist , foot and elbow .They are usually asymptomatic but may be painful or inflamed. You may take pain relievers for the pain. Applying warm compress on the area may also help. If ganglion cysts are infected or painful, then you may need to have this surgically removed.

Was there any history of trauma to the elbow?
No, there has been no trauma to the elbow.  What I have noticed that where the lump/cyst is on my forearm, is where it lies on my desk when using my mouse for my computer.  Could something like that cause a ganglion cyst?
Did you ever find out what this was?
hi i have a painful red lump in my elbow it hurts so much when i press on it. never had anything like this before, its gotten bigger it got swollen and its red. sizes of a dime and it hurt to stretch my arm can you tell me what it is? everyone keeps telling me its a pimple but its not cuz i dont see any pus its just really swollen and painfull its on top of my elbow skin, but not touching my bone of the elbow im worried should i go to the doctor?
it me vanessa25777 can u email me the answer or what ever u recomend me about the painful red big lump in my elbow that hurts so much please... to my email ***@**** please i would appreciated i'am new at this