Foul smelling lump in crotch

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Foul smelling lump in crotch

I found a lump in my crotch today that seems to have doubled in size since this morning.  It has also developed a very foul smell, only at the location of this lump.  The lump is now close to an inch in diameter and a half inch deep.  It is located just to the penis side of the juncture of the leg and scrotum, at about the same height as the penis.  What the heck is this?  It's Saturday night or I would be making an immediate MD appointment.  I don't think it's worthy of a trip to the ER unless medical advice says so.
An abscess for sure and may need incision and drainage.
Hopefully just some sort of cyst. I'd most be concerned about an STD such as syphyllis, which would only come from having sex recently with an infected person. Otherwise, I'd say it's probably a cyst or absess (abscess). I'd get to the doctor asap on Monday. Good luck to you.
From the symptoms it sounds like sebaceous cyst or infected hair follicle. Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected,Then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.

I hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.
Yes, it was a cyst that needed to be cut and drained.  This was done yesterday and now it is twice as swollen as it was yesterday.  I hope this is normal!  Follow-up doc appointment in a little while, thanks for your comments.  
The swelling was not considered abnormal, or too abnormal, lol, by the doc.  It's starting to recede.  Thank goodness for correct medical help.