Full body itching after using Lotramin Ultra (butenifine)
I used Lotramin ultra to combat some jock itch for a two week period and after the first day of treatment i started to suffer from a full body itch and the palms of my hands and feet would burn and itch as well.  I've been off of the Lotramin for 2 weeks now but I'm still suffering from the full body itching.  Is this normal? I've never experienced this sensation before and it is beginning to concern me.

I'd like to add that taking a Zyrtec cures the itching 100%, so could it be an allergy?  If it is an allergy why am I itching in areas that I didn't apply the medicine to?
An itchy rash which appears after taking a medicine and is cured by antihistaminics is likely due to an allergic reaction to the medicine. Other possibility would be a viral rash. You should try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid deodorant / cosmetics. You can also use calamine lotion and take antihistaminic like Benadryl for the itching.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi there and thank you for your response.  The itching is not relegated to one area and there is no visible rash.  It generally begins with a light burning and itching sensation in my palms and soles of my feet.  

Can medicine present side effects two weeks after i stopped using it?