Dermatology Expert Forum
Genital warts, Herpes, Ingrown hair??? Help!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Last night I noticed a fairly small (about the size of a pea, maybe a little smaller) pimple like bump on my vagina, on the outside of the lip/folds area.  It isn't very big in diameter, but it seems to be raised pretty high off the skin. At first I thought it was a wart because it looked more fleshy/whitsh colored than red. I want to stress that it resembles a pimple, but does not obviously look like one to me...or I wouldn't really be concerned. Today It seems to be more red (but still a little fleshy colored) and appears to have a barely noticeable *****, whitish head, that has gotten more noticeable today, but is still not clearly defined. As far as I can tell there is only one and It doesn't itch but it is a little tender if I touch/rub it.

I am extremely worried because a little over two months ago I started having sex with a new partner.  We've definitely had unprotected contact with our genitals (starting two months ago and as recently as three days ago) and I'm worried this might be an STD. I did shave around that area (but I don't think that specific spot) a few days ago and at first I thought it was probably an ingrown hair, but there doesn't appear to be a hair follicle there, or an ingrown hair to speak of. I'm also worried because my roommate has genital warts and I started wondering (and I'm sure this is ignorant)if I could get genital warts from sitting on the same toilet seat as her, or if we shared soap or towels?

I can't remember ever having anything like this before, is it possible this is herpes or genital warts? Could it just be a pimple or ingrown hair? I read about something called hiradenitis suppurativa too, where sweat glands get clogged, could it be that? Would it hurt to put some neosporin or bacitracin on it to see if it goes away? I don't have any other symptoms (as far as I know) common to herpes or genital warts, but I am terrified that I have contracted an STD!!! If it is herpes or warts, can it spread if I touch it? Please any advice would be very much appreciated!!!
It sounds like a pimple, perhaps irritated.  It does not sound anything like herpes, nor does it sound like a genital wart.  You cannot get warts from a toilet seat, in any case.

Please apply an antibiotic ointment like bacitracin or neosporin once a day, leave the bump alone, and seee a doctor, so you can take this off your agenda and mind.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I have something that looks like a pimple in my crotch area. I have had them before but after reading stuff on herpes and such i'm not so sure. It's doesn't look like anything in any pifctures i've seen and it's not directly on penis either, just on crotch. I even popped it and it looked like the stuff that come out of the pimple and blood. Am i just paranoid or is it something more?
Dear,
I
A related discussion, ingrow hair or something more? was started.
A related discussion, Genetal Warts or rash was started.
I have a medium size bump with no head it can't be popped it hurts its between my thigh and my vaginal area what could it be it been there for about two days I've taken a hot bath and the another hot bath with baking soda I really don't know what to do now I never have unprotected sex so I don't think I have a std