Groin rash, itchy. Lamisil is not working

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I've got this thing in my groin for some months. It came and go just like that (and with a skin cleanser -cetaphil- that i used for the itch).
The affected area has a very very bad odor.

Now it came again like 3 months ago.

I think is a fungus, so 5 days ago i bought Lamisil and started using it. Its seems like if it were actually worse than before, so i think Lamisil is not working. I try to keep my groins as dry as i can, because i know fungus may develop there.

The thing is that the red, itchy area is bigger now than 5 days ago.
What can that be? because i said above, Lamisil is not working.

Im really worried.
From the symptoms it looks like tinea cruris or fungal infection of groin. The damp skin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply. Also wear cotton underwear and change them twice a day and do not share other people’s towels. Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients.

If the symptoms persist then oral antifungals may be needed. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.