Grovers disease

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Grovers disease

I have read with great interest, many stories about how people are dealing with Grovers disease. Those of us who have it, need no description of the disease. It is painful and ugly'

Here are some of my questions:
Does it ever go away?  ( I have had it now for three months
If and when it goes away, is their any way of stopping its return?
There is much about alternative medicine fighting this disease. Is this real or hype?
I welcome your comments.
Hello.  I was diagnosed with Grovers disease many years ago.  It usually does not occur  in women I was told, but here I was with the biopsy report.  I was told there was nothing I could do about preventing episodes or to get rid of the the lingering small dark dot-like "scars"  except use anti-pain/itch ointments which did nothing.   I finally resigned myself and assumed I would be left the small dark "scars".  However, the good news is that after several years (about 7 years) the disease left.  I didn't do anything; it just disappeared.  Also the dots finally faded and went away as well.  One thing I never do is wash the area with a rag, a scrubby-type thing or anything other than lightly with my soapy hand for fear of bringing the condition back.  I used to try to correlate what was in my diet, but couldn't find anything except possibly Dryer's mint chip ice cream, which I really don't think it was, unless it was the fake green color, but that shows how desperate I was to find a reason.  So I want to leave you with the good news is that it DOES go away, but be patient.
I was just diagnosed with Grovers disease today.  I have been fighting this for almost a year now.  I did learn that chlorine from pools can agitate the condition horribly.  I thought I had an allergy to chlorine!  With the lotion from my Dermatologist, I have been able to get it under control.  I can't wait for this to get out of my system.  Like Zerri, I am a woman and this disease mostly attacks older men. Much to my surprise, I was in the minority.
Another woman, now 42, but suffering for 8-10 years with Grovers.  It's interesting because most of mine does not itch, at all, it's just horrible to look at and appears suddenly, very depressing.  The lack of interest and willing to help for the doctors I've seen it astounding!  I have an appoint with a new derm who interests include "hard to treat skin disorders" so hopeful to get some more answers.  I want to start to pull together common interests we all share outside of being women...1. I used hot tubs a lot, 2. I went in tanning beds & the sun a lot. 3. I'm fair-skinned 4. I exercise a lot 5. I sweat a lot....did we all do these things to get this?  I use topical creams prescribed and they don't work anymore.  Wanting to know if there is an underlying issue we all don't know about yet?  We've GOT TO figure this out...on our own I guess since Dr's aren't interested.  Thanks so much!