Dermatology Community
HELP Mole is red and swollen and painful
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HELP Mole is red and swollen and painful

I woke up yesterday morning to a pain on my thigh, it was a mole that i have had for a while now. Its been getting bigger slowly but has never hurt. its located on my right groin area like where the leg and pelvis connect, so its hard to walk. And today the skin around my mole has turned red and its still painful. I tried making an appt with the dermatologist. But i cant get an appt till march :( is this something i should be very worried about? should i go to a derm in another city?? or to an MD?

(originally the mole has always been kinda red/brown, and oval shaped...but know its swollen like a big pimple it almost looks like a big popped out scar now..)
Related Discussions
  • Mole removal (1 replies):
    I recently scratched my mole and it has lightened a lot....[more]
  • mole re-growth (1 replies):
    Hi I have fairly pale, freckly skin and also have a few...[more]
  • dermatology (1 replies):
    red mole that itches alot
  • moles (1 replies):
    i have a mole and am concerend about it
  • Cancer? (1 replies):
    hi, I just found out that I have this painful mole that...[more]
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
From the symptoms it can be a boil. However as a thumb rule, if you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank