Dermatology Expert Forum
Hand Rash, Foot Rash, Eczema or something more serious?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Two months ago, a
Hives can look like what you describe--they are red, itchy, and come and go for no reason.  Since so many doctors have looked and found no reason, that may well be it.

I advise you to call the allergist and ask whether this is what she thinks you have.  I would call the dermatologist to ask whether the foot rash is indeed fungus, because it doesn't sound like it.  I would also share your anxieties about STD's and AIDS--your symptoms don't even remind me of those, so perhaps the dermatologist can say the same thing, or else order tests if needed.

If they are hives, you need to be prepared for them to come and go, and to require symptomatic treatment from time to time.  This is frustrating and annoying, but not serious.  In time, if often subsides on its own, at least for long periods.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Thanks!  My main concern about the STD/AIDs thing with these hives is that these appeared for no reason I can tell this January, and in fairly quick fashion on my hands and feet and continue to come and go each day since then.  They can be fine for itching and completely go away around mid to late evening, go away for the night and re-appear in the mid morning to late afternoon and itch again, and also inflame after excercise.  I'm worried my rash/hives and their symptoms are a condition arising from a viral infection due to a potential STD/AIDS/HIV infection.  Since some of the red spots get that white/yellow center on my hands and get rather raisded & bumpy, larger-sized and itch, and that they subside but not go away for a while, I got worried more.  The feet spots mainly are red and itchy but also sometimes get that larger bumpy, white/yellow center that itches more.

The STD's/HIV/AIDS symptoms I read about did not come that close to mine since mine are localized on my hands and feet and other similar but yet different symptoms.  I've had other symptoms on my penis that get close to symptoms of STDS or I worried they did, that in conjunction with the hives, worried me sick but many of those were just skin conditions that others here had with advice on this site to have nothing to worry about.  Those are just other conditions and were never really threatning issues.  Those I can deal with.  How long do you think I'll have to deal with these hives like this and what can I do to get them to go away or subside more?

Does a regular CBC blood test done at a physical ever reveal anything amiss for viral infection due to STD/AIDS/HIV related stuff?  I've had three of those in the last year and all were good except one last year where liver enzymes were elevated, but those were tested again for Hepatitis and found negative, and came down quite a bit on the second test and done when I was almost 78 pounds heavier and quite overweight.  My last test a few weeks ago showed blood results all normal in all areas and after the 10-month, 78 pound weight-loss efforts.  I just do not want to have STD type issues.  Other less threatning items I can deal with and feel good about at home too with my wife.  

Should I go back to my allergist after the 8 weeks of Lamisil and consult her and then go back to the dermatologist if these persist?  I plan on my yearly physical in a few weeks to a month and do I ask him about this too?

Some final advice you can offer is very appreciated !
Yes, go back as you suggest.  Routine blood tests don't test for STD's.

Dr. Rockoff
I have this rash which started on my forearms and has spread to my feet it is scaly and blackish. On my wrist it's scaly red rash on top of my hand there is red tiny dots. I noticed white tiny dots on my lips. On my palms there is yellow filled type blisters. My foots toe has even been scalyand has a rash undeneath which is crack and yellow blisters on my soles and underneath my foot. Please if you could help me if theres any shot i could get. I also have had this for 7 weeks. thanks
i have excma and i have had it all my life lately i can barely bend my knucles and the pain is getting really bad ..i have little pimple like things on my hands now and my skin is almost rejecting my finger nails because they keep reseating.. my hands have craks in the and are becoming raw ....what should i take and what should i do?
what can i do to pervent ?

please help
A related discussion, Centimeter or smaller red painful marks was started.
A related discussion, is this hiv related was started.
A related discussion, Fungus on hands and feet! was started.
A related discussion, cracked, dry, blistered hands was started.
Can you help me please yesterday I developed a rash on my hands an feet that feel like nettle sting or sunburn I've been the hospital an the dr seems to think it's a fungal infection but I've looked everywere to see if any one else has had these symptoms but to n avail please can you giv some advice. This is the second day of this rash an also feel hot an feverish although this has only devolped thanks