Dermatology Expert Forum
Hard lumps in ear lobe

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Hard lumps in ear lobe
Hello.  I am very concerned about my boyfriends ear lobe.  We have been going out a year and I know that it has definatly been like this for that long.... and maybe longer.  In his ear lobe there are two small very hard lumps (like pebbles).  His ears are not pierced and I am almost sure that he is not on any medications.  It's not INSIDE his ear just in the ear lobe.  The lumps don't stick out from the skin therefor you cannot see them.  But if you touch his ear or squeeze it, you can definatly feel them.  Any suggestions?  Thanks, Jeanette
Jeanette:

The'te likely to be cysts, common around the earlobe (and elsewhere.)  They don't mean anything.  Have his doctor check them out next time he goes.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Hmm, I seem to have one too. but something just happened to it. Dunno what, but now my ear lobe is swollen pretty badly, and it hurts, and it doesnt seem to be going down. I'd go to the doctor but I don't have insurance right now....but looks like I might have to go anyways. any ideas?
A related discussion, lobes was started.