Hard string type thing beneath skin of penis?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

"About two weeks ago I noticed some irritation on my penis. Upon further investigaion I noticed there was what felt like a small piece of string or even maybe fishing line that resides under the skin of my penis but above the more solid/fiberous parts. it is very small in diameter (maybe thread size). it starts about half way up my penis on the left side is maybe an inch and a half or so long when it reaches the appx. area where the skin type changes. It follows that curve for a few millimeters and the dissapears. When flacid it is somewhat noticable, when errect it is very visible. There is no pain associated with it. And also it feels quite gross to touch as it feels like there is a foriegn body between my shaft of my penis and the skin.  The skin moves freely over this area. I have been thinking it is a vien but I can't see any color  like the regular veins that I can see that follow the length of the penis.

In summary,

Hard string/fiber like substance just below the surface.

Painless

Noticable to the eyes and touch when erect.

appreciably smaller when not erect, not visible to the eye but can be found by touch.

No color that can be seen.

No other symptoms, other than the ones that are being caused psychologically."

This question was asked before, and I editted out some parts out that weren't relevent to me. But essentially I have the exact same thing as the guy who wrote that above. It's very wierd and I don't quite know what to think of it. I masturbate regularly but only recently (perhaps 2, 3 weeks ago?) have I noticed it. Any thoughts on this?

This discussion is related to Hard string like  thing benith penis skin.
My husband has the same issue at the moment. he has been diagnosed w a small clot in the lymph system around his genitals as a result of trauma to the area from sexual intercourse. Doc says its very common and usually goes away on its own in about 2 weeks. Also said no sex because further injury could make it worse and become serious. Hope this helps and good luck.
Dr. says it's a Thrombosis vein and will clear in 6wks.or so.  Due to even very mild trauma.  Not a big deal though.
Or it's Peyronies which is not to serious.  Mine was the Thrombosis vein.