Healing lesion???
A month ago I wrote concerning a dark raised bump on the back of my leg that I picked.  After picking it, the lesion scabbed and of course I picked off the scab.  I was left with a white circle with red irritation and discoloration of the skin around the white circle.  I wrote to Dr. Rockoff and he told me to give it a month to see how it heals.  He felt it sounded like a picked hair follicle.  Below is a description of what it looks like now.  Let me know what you think.

I just wanted to update you on the lesion I had on my leg after 1 month.  It looks very different.  The redness has faded (just a little red now).  The little bit of redness still blanches. Now it looks like a brown dot in the middle (small about the size of a few pin heads) with a white circle around that with some discoloration of the skin around the white circle. Also, the bump seems to have gone down but not completely.  Is that just the way the skin healed?  Is it a scar?  Could this be melanoma?

This is the normal healing taking place and this is the scar secondary to your picking at the lesion and then at the scab.

Keep the area clean, well moisturised at all times. Do not scratch or itch at the site.

Wear comfortable clothes.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination if the lesion itches or there is a discharge.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards