Help with Severely Cracked Feet
My mother has Lichen Planus on her hands and the top of her feet.  However, the bottoms of her feet have been tested and it's inconclusive.  She has been told Lichen Planus does not occur on your feet.  The skin on her feet (and hands) are extremely sensitive and where the average foot/hand has lines...those are the areas that are cracking, splitting, bleeding for my mother. New skin appears and soon splits as well. The doctors don't know how to help her and are suggesting Light Therapy.  The insurance doesn't cover this.  Also, would the light burn the tender skin she has on her feet?  Her feet are now very swollen and she has a very difficult time walking.  
   She does soak them in cold water and feels somewhat relief in the water.  She also has itch cream, lotions...wraps them at night, etc. All the ideas suggested...does any one else have any thoughts as to what is happening here.  (Her feet are much worse than her hands right now.)  
   Your suggestions, thoughts, ideas are appreciated!