Hematoma

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hematoma

I have a Hematoma the size of the palm of your hand on my forehead and going back into my hair from a car accident 3 weeks ago.Both of my eyes were black and it cleared up. how long will it take before the hematoma goes down and my eyes have turned black underneath again is this normal?
The blood under the skin which causes the discoloration of bruising should be totally reabsorbed by the body in three weeks or less.

But sometimes there may be formation of hematoma because of blood trapped in tissues. Apply warm compresses and take some anti inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen after consulying your doctor. If it persists then this blood may need to be drained.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.