Dermatology Expert Forum
Herpes or Hair Follicle
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Herpes or Hair Follicle

To whom it may concern, about 4 weeks ago I noticed 3 small bumps in my pubic region. I thought it was hair folllicutis (sp?) cause it showed up a few days after I trimmed my hair in that region.

However they grew a little and with a minor touch popped like a blister. There is a little blood that came out of one and neither seems to be going away.

There have been no symptoms on the shaft or head of my penis, and I have never had unprotected intercourse. I did recieve oral unprotected a few times, but the last one came a good 3 months before these bumps appeared.

1.)What does this sound like?
2.) I have appointments scheduled with both a dermo and uro, should I see both?
3.) If it is not herpes how do I rid of these bumps? If it is herpes shouldn't they have cleared?
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
If it were herpes, they should indeed have cleared.  They're probably folliculitis.  I suggest you leave them alone--no squeezing, which will make it harder to diagnose with certainty.  Then see the dermatologist.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
4 Comments
Blank
Sfter trimming my pubic area these little red bumps showed up, I have had unportected sexs before but these are recent and I have been absent for a year now and never noticed them before. They are like little red pimples and when I tryed to remove one it bleed, no weird stuff came out but blood. There is either hair growing really close to the bump or threw it, is this anyhting I should worry about? There no bumps on the shaft,head or scrotum area and they don't really itch.
Blank
Sorry, I didn't mean to invade your post, but it also sounds like we have the same thing... Again, sorry for invading your post.
Blank
not a problem. Dr, is there anything I can put on these bumps that would make them heal faster?
Blank
A related discussion, hair loss and genital herpes was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker