DERMATOLOGY
FORUM
Herpes or Hair Follicle
by matthew88, Jun 30, 2005
To whom it may concern, about 4 weeks ago I noticed 3 small bumps in my pubic region. I thought it was hair folllicutis (sp?) cause it showed up a few days after I trimmed my hair in that region.

However they grew a little and with a minor touch popped like a blister. There is a little blood that came out of one and neither seems to be going away.

There have been no symptoms on the shaft or head of my penis, and I have never had unprotected intercourse. I did recieve oral unprotected a few times, but the last one came a good 3 months before these bumps appeared.

1.)What does this sound like?
2.) I have appointments scheduled with both a dermo and uro, should I see both?
3.) If it is not herpes how do I rid of these bumps? If it is herpes shouldn't they have cleared?
Answer:
242489_tn?1210500813
by Alan Rockoff, MDBlank, Jul 01, 2005
If it were herpes, they should indeed have cleared.  They're probably folliculitis.  I suggest you leave them alone--no squeezing, which will make it harder to diagnose with certainty.  Then see the dermatologist.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff