Hydroquinone darkening skin instead of lightening?
Ive been using nadinola fade cream 2% hydroquinone for a week to treat some post inflammatory pigmentation I got from cryotherapy. What ive noticed is that the hyperpigmented marks seem to get darker a couple hours after use. (temporarily I think then it goes back to normal, well as normal as PIH can look)

Can a skin lightener have the reverse effect? I dont think Im allergic because Ive tested the product on other areas of my skin with no problems.
Could this just be irritation? Its ironic that a skin lightener would darken the skin as a side effect...
I just want to make sure its ok to continue using this cream, I really want to fade these marks but dont want to make things worse
Darkening (blue/ black) is a side effect of using the hydroquinone cream and if you are having this side effect then you should stop using hydroquinone.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.