Aa
A
A
Close
I have bumps on my vagina
recently I have had 3 bumps on my vagina they look like pimples. I did pop one and it popped just like a pimple, i did go to the ER and they said it was herpes, I asked them to swab it to make sure I get my results in a couple days. The bumps do not itch and are not painful at all. can anyone tell me what they think they are? I am so confused.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
Without examination confirmation of a diagnosis is tough,but it can be folliculitis,sebaceous cysts (accumulations of secretions that can occur anywhere on the skin or mucosal surfaces),herpes blisters or viral warts(small raised pimples to a mass of large, cauliflower-like growths. The virus that causes them is passed on during sex).

The only way of ruling it out is by getting yourself tested for genital herpes. Laboratory tests include: culture of the virus, direct fluorescent antibody (DFA) studies to detect virus, skin biopsy, and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to test for presence of viral DNA. I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and get it ruled out.
I hope that helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources