ITCHING with huge WELTS all over body???

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

4615269?1246456881
ITCHING with huge WELTS?? I get really itchy all over and end up in large welts.. I suspect maybe something outside. My welts are terrible, if I scratch my back during a massively itchy period I can end up with hundreds of raised welts that slowly fade in about 30 mins. They are super super itchy! I am trying to pin point what is doing it, I am allergic to Mixed Grass Pollens, Birch and Aspergillus (aspergillosis) and a few other cats, mites dust etc. It seem it's coming from outside. Anyone else having this problem? We live in rural west Auckland, lots of pine trees about too. Have been trying to solve for 2 years.
Typical of dermographism a physical urticaria.Cause very difficult to find out,but would repond to antihistamine.I use cyproheptadine in my practce with good results.ie practin 1 tab at bedtime,sedative,appetite stimulant but works.
I've had this same problem for about a year now. It's only gotten worse in the past few months. I was prescribed cyproheptadine but made me too sleepy, making it only possible to take at night. My question is, am I suppose to take histamines the rest of my life? Is there not something else that can "cure" this? Thank you!
I have this issue and it started about a month ago...I have no idea what it was and now I dont know where to turn to try and find treatment or help
Same problem here I started about 8 months ago and it has gotten so bad that when I scratch I leave my skin with lots of welts and not to mention it feels like burning. And still the itch wont go it is so bothersom. is there any cure for this i8 dont like takin meds
I am experiencing this problem now and I know exactly what's causing it. I had a severe allergic reaction to black hair dye. A few years ago I had a mild reaction to black hair dye. Both occassions are being followed by itchy skin and large welts all over the body. Some are as large as my hand. This went on for months last time and the doctor had to give me loratadine and steroids. I will be asking for steroids again.The itch is unbearable.