Infected lump on chest?
A few years ago i noticed a small amorphous white bump on the left side of my chest, far right of the nipple. About four days ago i was showering, as i passed over the area with the soap i felt pain. Not a shooting pain, but uncomfortable none the less. I looked at the area o see that the white lump is gone, replaced with a flesh colered pimple looking bump minus the head. I also noticed a smell, like bad meat. I only get the smell when i touch it and sniff my finger. It doesnt ooze any flui, but it seems to have gotten larger and more annoying. Is it a cyst? Ingrown hair? Ive been applying Neosporin to no avail, and i started a hot compress on it today. Can someone just give me an idea of what it is? Im a 18 and overweight if it helps. Thank you very much
A sebaceous cyst.Needs to be removed,otherwise guess no problem.Alternate diagnosis is dermoid cyst again to be removed by your doc.
This bump on the chest looks more like an infected sebaceous cyst. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected,Then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.

I sincerely suggest a dermatologist’s evaluation for the same.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.