Ingrown pubic hair

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Ingrown pubic hair

Usually the rash and ingrown hairs appear on top, where the pubic hair starts to grow, but this time they're on the labia.
Here's the thing: I shaved down there last thursday, that day I used very tight, lace lingerie and I got a bit of a rash which I just ignored. At night, I scratched viciously over the area and next day it hurt a bit. That day I wore leggins and tight lycra panties.
Then, on saturday, I also wore tight ligerie and the rash became a sore, still, as it usually happens to me a few days after I shave, when hairs start to grow back again, I ignored it, and scratched a bit when I felt like it.
On sunday I went to a trip with my bf's family and had to stay sat on the van for a couple of hours, then walk again with thight lingerie and jeans.

So basically, this weekend I did all that wasn't supposed to be done after shaving the pubic area and since monday I started to pay with the consequences:

First I noticed several huge bumps, about 10 of them, on my labia and above the clit area. I freaked out and called my mom [who's a doctor] and she told me it was just ingrown hair. However, in the course of the morning, some of them popped and though no puss came out, the little hair did and the area got swollen and a bit infected. By the night, all of them were popped and some of them looked infected [all the ones that are closer to the entrance of the vagina].
Now, with all of them popped and all of them but one infected, I really don't know what to do. Again I called my mom for help and she gave me clindamycin gel to avoid the now popped zits to get more infected. But I need to know:

Is there anything I can do to accelerate the healing process? I'm already wearing lose and cotton clothes but the swelling is to bad and it hurts so I don't want to move or walk or do anything that involves the zits getting touched.

What have you done to help it heal better and faster?
This rash can be due to folliculitis or herpes simples (grouped). For folliculitis, Apply warm compresses, Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen.If the lumps persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.