Is my wart healing?
I've had a wart on my finger for six years, and recently a wart-like growth on my middle finger.  I started to read up on warts on how they spread which made me paranoid, even though I've had this single one for so long.  I decided to buy salicylic acid gel about 2 weeks ago.  I followed the directions, applied it each night and covered it with a band-aid.  The next morning I would file it with a an emery board, soak it with water, dry it and then apply more gel.  I did this every morning and every night.

Now, tonight, the extremely hard part of the wart fell off. It was rough, and had small blackish/brown dots in it which I presumed were blood.  Here is my problem:  on my finger where the wart was is extremely white.  It's extremely soft and seems to have small, soft, white pieces in it.  Is my wart healing?  Should I keep applying the acid to this soft, white area to make sure I get rid of the wart?

Also, after I removed the hard portion with nail file, the soft white area was sore.  It is become less and less sore as the hours go by.
First of all please do not apply any salicylic acid on the healing skin. The skin should heal but if there is any recurrencve of wart then other treatment options have to be followed. These include burning with an electric needle (electrocautery), application of cantharidin, podophyllin, tretinoin or imiquomod, injection with bleomycin or laser removal of the warts.
In my opinion you should discuss these treatment options with a cosmetologist/dermatologist.
I hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.