Is this heat rash or shingles?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Is this heat rash or shingles?

7112138?1312149541
Hi, ive included the pic. Just not sure whether it's heat rash or shingles. It looked like a cluster of pimples. It's gone in like 1-2 weeks. This skin problem occurred at the back just below my waist on my left side. When this happened, i remember i was sweating a lot at that area because of the hot climate here in my country.
  • Rash on arm (1 replies):
    I have a very irratible itchy rash on my left arm. It st...[more]
  • Itching (1 replies):
    how do you know if you have shingles
  • rash on back (1 replies):
    Hello. My boyfriend has a rash on his back and now its s...[more]
  • little red dots (3 replies):
    This may be totally out of subject, but im really quite ...[more]
  • Red bumps (3 replies):
    Hi, a couple of days ago i noticed red itchy/painful red...[more]
A spotter for herpes zoster.
what does it mean by a spotter??
In dermatology exams they keep photographs for spotting clinical cases!(Spotters)
Thanks.
From the picture and site, it looks like shingles rash caused by herpes zoster virus. The first sign is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days. When the rash is at its peak, symptoms can range from mild itching to extreme and intense pain.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi, the problem went away after maybe 1-2 weeks. I remember i was feeling really stressed at that time thinking that i caught HIV. Really really stressed. I didn't experience fever or flu or etc. I thought it was heat rash because i was sweating a lot on that area and the fabric i wore was really rough causing some frictions on my skin.
oh and yeah by the way, i read that shingles should normally appear on the torso or trunk, usually above waistline. Mine was on the buttock just below the waistline. That's why i thought it was just heat rash.
'All's Well That Ends Well' .Happy to know you have recovered.
Thanks!