Dermatology Community
Itchiness on scrotum skin
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Itchiness on scrotum skin

20 days ago I started feeling a itchiness and sting sensation on the left side of my scrotum skin. It is ocassionall and comes and goes during the day. I tend to shave that area and I am afraid I might have contracted a bacteria or fungus there perhaps. There is just the sensation...however there is no visual symptoms at all like redness,rash or bumps/eruptions there. I notice a very thin brilliant clear thread though. I know my description of it is quite vague, but it kinda looks like the 'thread' a snail leaves behind when crossing the street. I went to the doctor ( wasn't a dermatologist) and did a swab test ( whose results I haven't seen yet) on me. But still that day he prescribed an antibacterial ( muciprocin ointment 2%). I also bought an antifungal powder on my own. I don't know if what I have is a fungus or a bacteria.. So I am using both after my shower and relieves me a lot. However as the day goes by, when I start sweating and creating friction when I rub tigh with scrotum, the sensation gradually starts coming back.. So I have a few questions :

1.  is this fungus? Bacteria?.. Can it present itself without any visual characteristics like bumps or rashes? In other words, can it be present just through the feeling itself of itchiness and sting sensation ?

2. Is the feeling of relieve ( at least temporary relieve depending on the level of activities afterwards during the day) after I apply the powder a good sign that says that this might be actually a fungus or bacteria And not another condition? Like and Std or something?

I would appreciate your insights
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank