Itchy Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy Rash

The rashes seem to be related to either ovulation or ovaries or something like that.  I have gone through menopause and this hormonal change has produced the itchy rash all over including breasts, thighs, etc.  Since I've never had anything like this before I believe it's hormonal.  If anyone ever takes the time to pay attention to Women and their issues then maybe someone will come up with a correct diagnosis.

This discussion is related to Itchy rash that won't go away.
Itchy skin without any rash can be due to dry skin which commonly occurs at menopause due to hormone deficiency. Skin conditions like psoriasis, dermatitis, scabies and hives, internal diseases like liver and kidney disorders, diabetes, iron deficiency anemia, irritation and allergic reactions to chemicals, wool, soaps, cosmetics and certain foods  can cause itchy skin.

You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can also be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing. You should choose mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding.

Please take a second opinion from a dermatologist if the symptoms persist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I appreciate your comment, however I have gone to a dermatologist and to an internal medicine doctor and the medicine cleared alot of it up, but it still persists.  So I am frustrated.  I really feel it may be an internal thing, or maybe a parasite.  I would love for someone to finally diagnose it correctly and then get rid of it for good.