Itchy arms in the summer

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itchy arms in the summer

I've had itchy areas on the tops and sides of my forearms for years during the warm months.  My dermatologist told me it was because of a disorder in my cervical spine.  I started using SeaSource Detox Spa Renewing Body Gelée by Arbonne, and it's the only thing that stops the itching.  I guess this is shameless self-promotion, but I became a consultant so I could get this at a discount.  Contact me at ***@****, and I'll send you some information.  There's a 45-day money back guarantee with all of the products.
This itching can be due to brachioradial pruritis. Brachioradial pruritis is an intense itching sensation of the arm usually between the shoulder and elbow of either or both arms. The itch can be so intense that sufferers will scratch their own skin to a bleeding condition.
No cure has been found. The only thing that seems to help most sufferers is the application of ice to the area until the itch is diminished. Other treatments include cooling lotions like those containing camphor or menthol, capsacain or local anesthetic creams, amitriptyline and gabapentin tablets and electrical cutaneous nerve field stimulation.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.